Whether you are looking to provide nanny services or hiring someone to take care of your loved one(s), doing it professionally through a nanny contract would be the best option. A nanny contract is an agreement created between the parent/ legal guardian and the nanny to define the scope of caretaking services required and skills of the caregiver/ nanny being hired. Find an attorney-drafted template now to personalize your own nanny contract.
What Is A Nanny Contract?
A contract between the nappy or caregiver and the hiring family or person simply puts on paper all the information related to the nanny services requested, parties involved, the work scope, attending timeframes and payment terms. It also describes the contract termination conditions that either party has agreed to in writing.
The nanny contract is a legal contract like all other contracts and therefore protects the rights and interests of the nanny and the parent/ legal guardian.
When Is a Nanny Contract Needed?
A nanny contract paves way for smooth caregiving services when required. Whether the caretaking need is big or small, the nanny contract allows for better caregiving assistance. The contract ensures that the family has a caregiver for their loved one in the hour of need and allows the nanny to work professionally without having to worry about payment delays. Check out our example nanny contracts or example nanny agreement for more details.
What Does A Nanny Contract Cover?
A nanny contract broadly covers the following sections:
1. Details of location of service to be provided and starting date
2. Details of hours, days or months during which time the service is to be provided, as well as the breakup and summary of total hours needed each week and or month.
3. Job responsibilities - clearly outlines the duties of the nanny. A separate list of detailed tasks, timelines and instructions can be included on a separate document that is agreeable to both parties.
4. The payment section - details the nanny's hourly rate of pay, overtime rate and summarized weekly compensation and payment terms like weekly or bi-weekly.
5. Additional expenses - this section may include covering certain expenses for your nanny, such as health insurance, public transportation, parking, meal coupons or phone service.
6. Holidays - includes a list of paid and unpaid holidays for the nanny.
8. Termination Policy - lists clearly the termination clauses of the service completed in part or full.
9. Performance and Salary Review Policy- lists the terms for service review and potential for pay raise based on job performance.
You can also add your own sections to our nanny agreement or nanny contract template to suit your individual requirements.
A good caregiver is a blessing. Proper care for a loved one can be ensured with a formal nanny contract that allows the nanny also to work happily knowing that her/ his payments will arrive on time. With CocoSign, you can be rest assured that you will have a professionally and legally drafted contract for your needs.
We have a range of sample nanny contract templates on offer, editable for your particular nanny contract or nanny document need.
CocoSign represents a wide collection of legal templates covering all types of leases, contracts and agreements for personal and commercial use. All legal templates available on CocoSign shall not be considered as attorney-client advice. Meanwhile CocoSign shall not be responsible for the examination or evaluation of reviews, recommendations, services etc posted by parties other than CocoSign itself on its platform.