Commercial property owners, homes, small businesses or authorized caretakers of a property must always sign a contract when they need landscaping services from a professional landscaping service provider.
If you are an individual landscaping service provider or a landscaping company, this landscaping contract template will help you formalize your landscape service terms in a legal way that protects your payment rights and interests.
What Is A Landscaping Contract?
A landscape contract is a formal and legal contract signed between a landscaper and property owner/ authorized caretaker. It is similarto the lawncare agreement in some ways Through a landscaping contract template that is duly filled in and signed, property owners can peacefully enjoy the benefits of front yard or garden maintenance with aesthetics, along with a safe and sustainable ecosystem whereas landscapers can get the work done in a single go without having to re-arrange their staff or equipment due to lack of permissions, approvals and needed support.
What Is Covered In A Landscaping Contract?
A landscaping service contract covers the following:
- Names, contact details of landscaper and property owner/ caretaker to be mentioned specifically in the contract
- Details of landscaping services to be provided by the landscaper in exchange of payment
- Pricing and charges related to each service, permission and approvals needed, equipment needed, number of staff to be deployed, any rentals and support services from the property owner. It also itemizes payment schedule, deposits and advances to be made
- Timelines of competition of the project with detailed landscaping plan with day wise itinerary
- Landscaper and property owner/caretaker responsibilities clearly defined and agreed to
- Indemnification clause for the landscaper to absolve himself or herself of any future lawsuits related to work
- Permission if requested for any promotional activities such as images or videos of pre and post landscaping work by the landscaper
Pros and Cons of Landscaping Contracts
|Timely payment for landscapers
||A little time consuming to list out all expectations and responsibilities
|Clear payment and budget expectations
||Willingness in signing a formal contract
|Preventing time and cost overruns in due course owing to permissions and approvals
||Limitations due to weather and unforeseen circumstances
Hiring a landscaping contractor without proper legal documentation is risky. Thus having a landscaping contract template ready for customization helps a lot. The industry leader in contracts, CocoSign provides a whole range of professionally and legally drafted contract templates for your landscaping contract needs.
It comes with standard contractual language for what services will be provided, a pricing section to specify costs, and signatures so both parties can sign & formalize the deal.
CocoSign provides a range of landscaping contract samples and landscaping contract templates for both buyers and landscaping contractors, so you can draft a contract hassle-free. All you need to do is to fill out the drafted information sections and customize the contract as per your landscaping work brief and get it signed.
Click here to download our easy to review sample landscaping contracts and landscaping contract agreement pdf templates now.
This Landscaping Contract (the “Contract”) is entered into ____________________ (the “Effective Date” ), by and between ________________________, with an address of _____________________________ (the “Landscaper” ) and _________________, with an address of _______________________________, (the “Customer” ), collectively the “Parties.”
1. Landscaping Services. The Customer wishes to obtain the Landscaper’s services to perform the following work.
(the “Services” ).
The Services are to be performed at the following address:
(the “Property” ).
The Landscaper agrees to furnish the labor, materials, and supplies necessary to perform the Services in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in this Contract. Upon completion of the Services, the Landscaper will remove all materials, supplies, and other debris.
2. Changes in the Services. The Customer may request reasonable changes to the Services described in Section 1. Any changes to the Services must be in writing and signed by both the Landscaper and the Customer. The Customer agrees that any changes to the Services may result in additional charges and modify the Schedule described in Section 3.
3. Term and Schedule.
3. 1. For one-time, project-based services, the Landscaper will complete the Services in
accordance with the following schedule. The Customer agrees that all dates are subject to change if the Customer requests any changes or additions to the Services. Completion date is further subject to weather conditions.
Start Date: __________________
Substantial (___%) Completion Date: __________________
Full Completion Date: __________________
The Customer agrees to keep the Property clear of all known and potential hazards. The Customer further agrees to keep all pets out of the work area of the Property.
7. Insurance. The Landscaper warrants it is adequately insured for injury to its employees and any others incurring loss or injury as a result of the acts of the Landscaper or its employees and subcontractors.
8. Subcontractors. The Landscaper may engage subcontractors to perform work at its discretion, provided that the Landscaper shall fully pay any subcontractors and in all instances remain responsible for the proper completion of this Contract.
9. Liability Waiver. If the Landscaper, any of its employees, landscapers, agents, or the like are injured in the course of performing the Services, the Customer is exempt from liability for those injuries to the fullest extent allowed by law.
10. Termination. The Customer can terminate the Contract by giving written notice: (a) if the Landscaper commits any material breach of this Contract and fails to correct the breach within ten ( 10) days of notice of the breach; or (b) if there is any repeated failure by the Landscaper to provide the Services to an acceptable standard and to the reasonable satisfaction of the Customer.
The Landscaper can terminate the Contract by giving written notice: (a) if the Customer fails to make the payments required and set forth in Section 4 within five (5) days of notice of failure to make a payment; or (b) if the Customer commits any other material, non-financial breach and fails to correct the breach within ten ( 10) days of notice of the breach.
11. Entire Agreement. This document reflects the entire agreement between the Parties and reflects a complete understanding of the Parties with respect to the subject matter. This Contract supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Contract may not be amended, altered, or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Landscaper and the Customer.
12. Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Contract that cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, the Parties agree to engage in mediation. If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, and legal action ensues, the successful Party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
13. Legal and Binding Contract. This Contract is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Contract may be entered into and is legal and binding both in the United States and throughout Europe. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Contract.
14. Severability. If any provision of this Contract shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Contract is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it
CocoSign represents a wide collection of legal templates covering all types of leases, contracts and agreements for personal and commercial use. All legal templates available on CocoSign shall not be considered as attorney-client advice. Meanwhile, CocoSign shall not be responsible for the examination or evaluation of reviews, recommendations, services, etc. posted by parties other than CocoSign itself on its platform.