Rental services are becoming more and more popular day by day. Many people nowadays prefer renting the things they need instead of buying it. The concept of the short-term rental agreement has evolved over the past few years.
It is important for everyone to know all about short-term rental agreements before signing it. Every agreement has a few terms and conditions which the lessee and lessor must carefully understand. It helps to avoid any confusion later.
In this article, we will discuss everything about short-term rental agreements.
What Is a Short-Term Rental Agreement?
A short-term rental agreement is a verified and legal document between a tenant and a landlord, which contains the terms and conditions related to the renting of a property for a short period of time.
Moreover, the information in the document is considered legal proof for solving any dispute. The tenant should never rent a property without a rental agreement. For a clear idea about the property and what all things are allowed, the tenant must read the terms and conditions thoroughly.
A short-term rental lease might have different information depending on the type of property. It helps the landlord preserve the value of the property and limit the liability, as well as establish a harmonious relationship with the tenant. Also, it is generally a good idea to get legal counsel for reviewing the agreement.
When To Use a Short-Term Rental Agreement?
Short-term rental agreements can be useful in many ways. It is especially useful for those tenants who rent a property for a shorter period of time, such as a few weeks or months. People who do not have their own houses can use this agreement for renting a place to stay.
Furthermore, in tourist destinations, hotels use a short-term rental agreement for renting rooms to the guests. Students often prefer renting an apartment along with their friends instead of living in hostels. Therefore, short-term rental agreements help them in renting a property legally.
What Is The Difference Between The Long-Term and Short-Term Rental Agreements?
There are some basic differences between short-term and long-term rental agreements. Some of them are:
- Agreement Duration: As the name suggests, a short-term rental agreement is for a short term like six months. On the other hand, a long-term rental agreement is for more than six months.
- Management of the Rental Property: Management of the property is easy in short-term agreement as the tenant lives for a short interval. Whereas, in long-term agreement managing property is a challenge.
- Predictability: In the long-term, a landlord will earn well from the rents. However, in the short-term, the landlord cannot make a proper prediction for making money.
- Flexibility: Short-term rental agreements are very flexible in comparison to long-term rental agreements.
- Income Potential: Using short-term rental agreements you can make higher profits by renting your property, such as vacation use to the tourists. However, long-term agreements are meant for a stable income.
What Are Included In a Short-Term Rental Agreement?
The short-term rental agreement is very similar to a general contractor for renting types of equipment. They include the following details:
- The first thing in all types of agreements is the name, contact details, personal details like age, gender, and identity proof.
- The agreement contains details about the property, such as the number of bedrooms, the kitchen, etc.
- If the landlord is providing any equipments, then the details of every equipment must be stated.
- The contract must be made stating the duration of the stay of the tenant. It can be for a few days, weeks, or months depending on the needs of the person. After the end of the term, the tenant must leave the property.
- The agreement must mention the rent of the property. Details regarding the method of payment and payment deadline need to be mentioned too.
- Conditions under which the tenant can terminate the existing contract should be stated. Sometimes, the tenant might have to pay some extra charges for terminating the contract before its expiration.
- Activities that are allowed inside the property and activities that are not allowed should be stated in the agreement.
- Instructions on handling the different types of equipment present in the property. Also, fines that the tenants must pay if they destroy any part of the property.
- Warranty and insurance policies of the property.
- Caution deposit that the tenant has to pay before entering the property.
- Applicable terms and conditions.
Drafting a proper short-term rental agreement might be difficult if you don't have previous experience. If you are having trouble making a proper short-term rental agreement template, then don't worry because CocoSign is here to help you.
CocoSign has a wide range of contract templates for all your needs. All the templates are professionally and legally designed to make your work hassle-free. Just provide all the relevant details and you will get your agreement ready.