The Georgia vehicle bill of sale covers all crucial statements and records of a particular vehicle. Both parties approve the Bill of Sale by signing with their official signature. However, every bill of sale varies from state to state.
But it can also be generated customized on self-interest, following specific terms and conditions. It protects from any kind of non-compliance or other mishaps from either side of the dealer. Hence for such vehicle contracts, Georgia requires a formal verified bill of sale.
How to Register a Vehicle in Georgia?
To register a vehicle, the buyer has to fill and submit form MV-1 Motor Vehicle Title Application. After submission of the MV-1 form, a purchaser receives a licensed plate number and title from the authorized department.
A title is a document that possesses all the valid information of all holders and lienholders (if any). A buyer is expected to pay an annual fee for each vehicle supposed to be purchased. This payment also takes place in the respective county tag office.
What Is Included in A Georgia Vehicle Bill of Scale?
The following are the information covered under the heading of a Georgia vehicle bill of sale to promote crystal clear trading of motor vehicles. It includes;
- The official name of the buyer and purchaser must be mentioned.
- Mention the current residence of the buyer and purchaser.
- Mention the rate that has been fixed with the mutual agreement of both parties. It is wise to mention in words as well as in numeric to avoid any ambiguity.
- Draft an all-important description of the vehicle, for instance, manufacturing place of vehicle, year, and model. Moreover, it is sober to mention color, size, distinguishing features, and drawbacks as well.
- Double-check the VIN (vehicle identification number) and license plate number of the vehicle.
- Also, write down the current odometer of the vehicle.
- Suppose the vehicle holds any linen. If it is the case, then mention the amount and details of the lienholder.
- Write down the name and details of the former owner of the vehicle.
- The amount that has or will be transacted.
- Verify the mode of payment. It may include credit card, debit cards, bank transfer, and installment also.
- If there are any special conditions in the sale or purchase of a vehicle, make sure to specify.
Once you have double checked all these crucial pointers, you and the other person dealer should sign the documents using official signatures.
How to Sell a Vehicle in Georgia?
By following simple, easy steps, you can have a long queue of buyers for your vehicle in Georgia. Below are the essential points to make a good sale of any kind of vehicle in Georgia.
- Maintain the physical appearance and tidiness of your vehicle. Make sure it is clean enough from inside and outside.
- Ask an expert mechanic to evaluate all the conditions of the internal parts of the vehicles. This will help you in estimating your vehicle rate and willing buyers of the vehicle.
- To gain the trust of buyers maintains a history report of the vehicle. It's a report of the vehicle that carries all information. For instance, if the vehicle was ever the part of any mishap or natural disaster in the past.
- Once you decide whom to trade the vehicle, you need to proceed for the change of name, picture, and residence in the respective county tag office and Georgia's title.
Though the sale of a motor vehicle in Georgia follows a straightforward procedure, it demands time and patience. To successfully sell vehicles in Georgia, you need to pay a certain amount of tax or fees yearly.
Additionally, it expects you to fill a form with all valid information from both sides, receiver and depositor. Besides finding a suitable buyer, you need to showcase honesty by providing vehicle history reports and inform them of all the pros and cons of a vehicle.
CocoSign aims to make your life easier by providing you a free template of Georgia Vehicle bill of sale. These updated templates that fulfill Georgia's standard requirements for vehicles' sales. Choose a template that suits more to you and move towards your successful vehicle trading mission.