Florida has a high percentage of private transactions between individuals or between companies and organizations; they sell and buy vehicles, boats, all sorts of personal objects, and even firearms.
For sales to be legal, they must use a formal document as proof of the transaction; that document is the Florida bill of sale.
This document testifies that the ownership has been transferred, and the new owner can use it to register the newly-bought item under his name. Depending on what you buy or sell, some of the bills of sale will have to be notarized.
What Is a Florida Bill of Sale?
A Florida bill of sale is a formal document that’s used whenever an item changes owners in the state of Florida. It can be a vehicle, a firearm, appliances, or many other things.
From a Florida DMV bill of sale, a car sale document, or a Florida firearm bill of sale, they all represent proof that the ownership has passed from the seller to the buyer, in exchange for the price the two parties have previously established.
The boat bill of sale Florida is another example of a popular bill of sale. The information they include may slightly differ depending on the object of the deal, but the general terms are the same. In some cases, a notary public has to place their seal on the document.
What Are Some Commonly Used Bills of Sale Used in Florida?
People use bills of sale for many different items if the price is significant enough to need written proof of the purchase. You can even use a Florida bill of sale for a TV or other large and pricey items in your home or office you want to sell.
But in general, these documents are issued for more expensive items, and these are the most frequently used:
- The general bill of sale is used for personal objects or items in your home or business place; it’s a form that is suitable for any transaction, no matter what kind of property you wish to transfer.
- The firearm bill of sale Florida, used for selling and buying registered weapons; the state of Florida doesn’t impose any restrictions on these types of transactions, as long as the buyer has the legal ability to possess a gun, and the firearm is legally obtained.
- Vehicle/Vessel bill of sale – that includes the Florida auto bill of sale and the boat bill of sale Florida; these documents state that the ownership of a vehicle or a boat has been transferred to another party.
What to Include in a Florida Bill of Sale?
The Florida bill of sale is a straightforward document, and it doesn’t require any complicated or specialized language. What matters is that the information is complete and accurate.
The information depends on the object of the transaction, but the general sections are the same in any Florida bill of sale:
- Identifying information of the seller: name and address.
- Identifying information of the buyer: name and address.
- The description of the item.
- The price that the two parties have established.
- Payment terms.
- The date of the transaction.
- The signature.
In some cases, the seller’s signature is the only one required, while in others, both parties have to sign. If the item sold is a boat or a vehicle, the description must be detailed and include identification numbers, color, mileage, and any other relevant information.
All those sections are necessary because the new owner will have to register the vehicle under their name. When you sell a used object, you want to make sure the buyer acknowledges its current state and agrees to buy it as it is.
The Florida bill of sale is a comprehensive document that can be used in all types of transactions in the state of Florida. You can use it for house items that have a relatively high value, cars, boats, and even firearms.
Whatever you are buying, if you consider the price is high enough, you can issue a bill of sale. If it’s a boat or a car, you will have to use such a document, so that the new owner can register it. In that case, they will need a boat bill of sale or a car bill of sale.
All these documents are better issued with a template; a great option is the Florida bill of sale from CocoSign. You will also discover a wide variety of efficient templates for all the documents you may need to use.