Event planning is a complex activity that involves a lot of creativity since you have the mission to bring someone’s vision of an event to life.
It’s also usually outsourced, so there is a lot of competition in this field. That means that to make sure you get to plan the most exclusive and exciting events, you need to send an excellent event proposal.
That document must clearly show that your abilities and talent create the right recipe for a successful event and that you are on a higher level than your competitors.
What Is an Event Proposal?
The event proposal is the document you send to potential clients to persuade them that you are the right choice for handling their upcoming event.
Since there are so many aspects involved in organizing an event, your proposal needs to cover all the essential issues and offer that extra feature you provide that sets you above your competition.
Using an efficient event proposal template helps you include all the relevant information. In the end, the document will show your client how well you organize every aspect of the event and how your experience and creativity will complete their vision.
What Should Be Included in an Event Proposal?
A clear and well-written proposal will be an indicator of your organizing skills, so the event proposal must be impeccable.
Not all events are the same; in fact, they can be quite different, and your goal is to prove that you can handle whatever challenge the client’s event may present. An efficient and persuasive event proposal must include the following sections:
- An executive summary is beneficial, especially if you are dealing with a big company and a long chain of approval.
- Instead of beginning your proposal with information about yourself, start with the event that the client needs to organize. Draft your entire proposal around the purpose of the event. Show your potential client that you understand their priorities.
- Your experience needs to be highlighted, so it’s a good idea to include positive reviews along with your portfolio.
- A general sketch of how you see the event running will help the client visualize your strategy.
- A detailed list of services shows the potential client exactly what the package you offer includes.
- Price, timeline, and cancellation policy are fundamental aspects, so you must stipulate them in the event proposal.
There are many important aspects that any successful event proposal must cover. It needs to show the client that you have the creativity and resources to plan the event precisely how they want it.
That’s why the proposal needs to be based on two things: an initial discussion with the potential client, to make sure you know what they are looking for, and a well-crafted event proposal template.
CocoSign offers excellent proposal templates for all types of commercial activities. If you take a look at their event proposal example, you will see how to outline a winning proposal.