Every business owner knows how important it is to maintain a good relationship with the client. And that means more than merely offering high-quality products; you need to leave a great impression down to the smallest detail.
The invoice is the last part of the transaction, and a final chance to keep the client pleased and willing to return in the future or even recommend your business to others. So, this document must be flawless, and one of the best ways to do that is with an invoice template Google Docs.
This template covers the following sections:
- Company and client info
- Product or services delivered and their respective prices
- Payment due date
- Payment terms and conditions
How to Create an Invoice Form in Google Docs?
Even for those declared fans of Word, it’s still a great idea to give the Google Docs invoice template a try; it will be worth it. It’s such an accessible form to customize, and it will be ready to be sent in no time.
No more spending hours to create an invoice from scratch, with your accountant by your side for guidance. The Google invoice template is accessible to anyone and extremely user-friendly.
These are the simple steps you need to take to create your first invoice using the Google Docs invoice template:
- Log into Google Docs using the ID and password of your Google account.
- Download the invoice template Google Docs.
- Use Google Drive to open the template.
- Assign a name to the invoice, using, for example, the name of your company.
- Add the identifying information of your company, including a logo.
- Select ‘Make a copy’ and rename the newly created document; that will be your first invoice.
- Add all the relevant information on the client, the payment details, the date of the invoice, the due date for the amount mentioned, the final cost and any other mentions you consider useful.
- Take your time listing all the products or services you will be providing, with the individual cost, so that the client will know what they are paying for.
How to Send an Invoice from Google Drive?
Once every detail has been checked, and the invoice you created with the Google Docs invoice template is polished and looks professional, it’s time to send it to the client. But before you use Google Drive to send the invoice, there are a few aspects you need to consider.
While it’s effortless to send the invoice for a one-time payment, if you have recurrent payments or have to manage many invoices at the same time, things get a bit more complicated.
Using invoicing software is a great option, especially if you are just starting your business and don’t have a lot of experience organizing and keeping accounting records. If you want to send the invoice from Google Drive, these are the steps to follow:
- Log into your Google account.
- Go to the invoice you need to send.
- Go over it one more time to check the details and make sure everything is correct.
- Click the ‘Share’ button.
- Decide who can see the invoice.
- Copy the link to the Doc or send the document by adding the email address of your client.
- Finish by clicking ‘Save’ and ‘Done.’
Creating a Google invoice is easier than you may imagine, especially if you are using an efficient invoice template Google Docs format.
The result will be a document that will impress the client with the professional aspect and the well-organized sections, and at the same time, it will make it easier for you to keep track of your sales.
If you decide to try a Google Docs invoice template, take a look at the one created by CocoSign. We offer a wide variety of excellent templates for all the documents your business may need.