Many people around the globe work as a housekeeper to support their families, or to earn some extra bucks. It can have a considerable workload or may not be at all. It depends on the type of work you went looking for.
You have to make sure your cleaning service is detailed and approved by the person who hired you. But every housekeeper needs to have a physical cleaning invoice with them as it can help them much in the future if needed for many different purposes.
What Is a Cleaning Invoice?
A cleaning invoice is a list of all the services that are being provided by you and what their cost will be. It is also a way to inform your client about the sum of money they owe to you for the services you provided them with.
There are many companies that offer their clients with housekeepers and it is important for them to have an organized financial record to pay the helpers according to the services.
What Is a House Cleaning Invoice Used for?
A cleaning invoice may help you in various different ways, such as keeping a record of the clients’ payment and avoiding any due fees.
Moreover, all of the financial information is written on it as well as it helps in tax filings and makes it much more comfortable just by having the invoice in your possession.
Recording all of it in an invoice makes you financially organized and ease dealing with things involving money, such as keeping the record of the payment, late payments, and debt, and having a cleaning invoice can easily detect all that with no hassle.
Invoice is an excellent way of mentioning all the services that are provided by you in detail so that the person hiring you makes sure that he hires the right person for a particular task.
What to Include in a Cleaning Invoice?
It is imperative to include all the right and the most needed information in an invoice to make it authentic. For achieving a perfect invoice, you need to mention all the following factors:
- Your business information, such as your contact number and name, along with a logo or branding for your business if you have any.
- Next, include the client’s name and contact details like numbers and emails.
- It is vital to have a unique and distinctive invoice number.
- It also needs to have the date of when the cleaning invoice was issued along with its due date.
- Next, you need to mention the services that you provide in detail as well as the individual cost for each service, and at the bottom of the invoice, mention the total amount.
- It is also important to mention the payment terms and instructions and how the money will be transferred and what will be the easier way for you to transact it.
Types of Housekeeping Invoices
Many housekeepers prefer a different way to bill their clients. There are four main different ways it can be done and each one has a separate invoice.
- Standard Invoice: This invoice is quite simple; it basically mentions the amount owed by the clients for your services.
- Recurring Invoice: Numerous clients prefer getting their house cleaned weekly and for this recurring invoice is used as it mentions to collect the regular payments
- Prepayment Invoice: Many housekeepers prefer getting the cash first before they provide their services to avoid any scams and to establish a trust relationship with the client.
- Time-Based Invoice: A Time-Based Invoice is used for receiving the payment per hour. It is determined by the hours you cleaned your clients’ house.
Many people often forget about the importance of an invoice, a physical form of transaction for receiving money. Invoicing makes their life a little less problematic as an invoice helps them in their banking process, and they don’t face any problem regarding it.
At CocoSign, you don’t have to worry about the perfect invoice because we have made it easier for you, all you need to do is to go to our template library and choose the suitable template that you need.