Whether you go to a library, a fund-raising event, any office, a gated residential society, or your educational institution, you are required to put in your name and time of arrival and exit.
This is important to keep track of who and how many people have visited a place. To maintain such records, these places/institutions make use of the sign-in/sign-out sheet.
What Is a Sign-in/Sign-out Sheet?
The sign-in/sign-out sheet is a document that helps the person running a place or institution in keeping track of the flow of people. It further allows him/her to keep a tab on things and run it smoothly. A sign-in/sign-out sheet has a simple layout and contains the following items essentially:
- Initials of the person
What Should Be Included in a Sign-in/Sign-out Sheet?
A sign-in/sign-out sheet will have the following details for every visitor:
- Time in
- Time out
- Email address
- Phone number
- Reason for visit
Using a Sign-in/Sign-out Sheet
Before you start using an sign-in/sign-out sheet, here are a few things you must consider:
- Discuss with the organizers about all the details they would like to have.
- Download the sign-in sheet. Next step is to download a sign-in sheet for your use. You can choose from the variety of templates available at CocoSign for the same.
- List down all the important details about the event like date, time, location, etc.
- Get it signed by the visitors.
- Once your event is over, submit the sign-in sheet to the concerned authority.
The Benefits of Using a Sign-in/Sign-out Sheet
The following are the key benefits of using a sign in and out sheet:
- Helps you keep a record of everyone who attended the event.
- Helps you build a database which could be used for marketing purposes.
- OSHA’s emergency preparedness guidelines require you to have a sign-in/sign-out sheet for evacuation purposes.
If you are looking for one such sign in sign out sheet template, explore the wide variety of CocoSign now.
CocoSign represents a wide collection of legal templates covering all types of leases, contracts and agreements for personal and commercial use. All legal templates available on CocoSign shall not be considered as attorney-client advice. Meanwhile, CocoSign shall not be responsible for the examination or evaluation of reviews, recommendations, services, etc. posted by parties other than CocoSign itself on its platform.