What Are Utah RMV Forms Used for?
RMV (Registry for Motor Vehicles) has been challenging in Utah, particularly due to Covid-19 changes. You will be better off using online tools because registration and other functions can be done online in Utah. RMV forms are used for a new title for the vehicle, registering a new plate, and transferring an existing plate.
A vehicle is registered after fulfilling various identity requirements. You should have a Utah ID, a social security number, or a driver’s license to register your vehicle. In the other case, you will have to prove that you lawfully reside in the United States.
RMV forms vary based on your registration requirements. Forms are available for vehicle registration, titles, inspection, learner’s permit, road test, medical fitness, suspension checklist, and law enforcement.
You can also use RMV forms to request a copy of your driving record under Utah Code Ann. 53-3-104. The records are available with the authorities as a Regular Motor Vehicle Driver Record as well as a Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver record.
Who Will Need to Use Utah RMV Forms?
Individuals will need to use Utah RMV forms for fulfilling various requirements as mentioned below. Your RMV application form should be supported with some key documents. Proof of vehicle insurance is required, and the insurance agreement should be made with a licensed insurance agency based in Utah. You will also need to show proof of your Utah residency.
- RMV forms are mandatory requirements for registering your vehicle in Utah. If you are a new resident in Utah, you should register your vehicle within a month and get a license plate from the Utah DMV office. If your vehicle is already registered in another state, you may get tax exemptions.
- If you are already resident in Utah and purchase a new vehicle, you should register the vehicle at the local DMV branch. You can also apply online by filling the RMV forms available at CocoSign.
- You might have purchased a vehicle from the first owner. In this case, you should apply for transferring the registration within a week.
- RMV forms are also filled for vehicle inspection and functional ability evaluation.
How to Fill Out RMV Forms in Utah?
While filling out RMV forms, you will enter various details based on the type of form and your requirements as follows:
- If you want to apply for a Utah vehicle title, your RMV application form will be filled in two parts. The sections in Part 1 include owner information, vehicle information, and owner signature. CocoSign presents an online form, in which you can also enter your e-signature. The sections in Part 2 describe odometer disclosure.
- There is also a Utah Unified Certification Program (UUCP), where the certification application can be filled by the firms that are at least 51% owned by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual.
- RMV forms also include a functional ability medical report. By filling this form, the vehicle owner authorizes the healthcare professionals to evaluate physical, mental, and emotional conditions concerning the safe driving ability. The safety levels are assessed for metabolic conditions, cardiovascular diseases, pulmonary/psychiatric conditions, the use of drugs/alcohols, musculoskeletal condition, alertness, and hearing.
- RMV forms are also used for obtaining the driving record. The record provides information regarding the past convictions for moving violations.