- California Dmv Form Reg 124 2011
- Operating Authority Certificate Application For Non Emergency Medical Transportation Carriers Instructions California Form
- Dmv Vsa56 Form
- Virginia Lpc Form Filled In 2011
- Dmv Vehicle Removal Certificate In Va 2009 Form
- Virginia Btro Form
- Mvdb Form
- Vdot Title Vi Evaluation Form
- Irp 1 Form
- Vsa 70 Form
- Med 4 Customer Vision Report 2010 Form
- Va Blanket Permit 2013 Form
- Form Oa144m 2011
- Texas Form Dl 5 Fillable
- Dmv Form Oa150i
- Blank Doctors Report Form
- Med 30 Rev
- Dmvnow Com 2012 Form
- Vsa 17a 2013 2019 Form
- Vsa 41 2015 2019 Form
- Vendor Confidentiality Statement For Access To Virginia Department Of Transportation Vdot Information And Security Systems Vdot
- Requisition Car Form
- Virginia Police Crash 2012 2019 Form
- Residency Certification Dmv State Va
- Dl 81 Virginia Department Of Motor Vehicles Dmv Virginia
- Csma 19 Virginia Department Of Motor Vehicles Dmv Virginia
- Mcs 305b Form
- Vsa 66 2013 2019 Form
- Sample Tariff Form
- Les 022a 2013 2019 Form
- Sut 4 Virginia Department Of Motor Vehicles Dmv State Va
- Recall Disclosure Form
- For Hire Intrastate Operating Authority Certificate Or License Application Supplement Oa 141 S 07012013 Information Release
- Commonwealth Of Virginia Department Of Transportation Vdot Virginia
- Va Affidavit Form 2014 2019
- Vsa 14i 2018 2019 Form
- Vsa 70 01 23 06 Apdf
- Forms Virginia Dmv
- Med 4 Customer Vision Report 2016 2019 Form
- Learning Drivers Age 18 And Older Who Hold A Learners Permit But Have Not Completed A Virginia Approved Driver Training Course
- Virginia Lpc Form Filled In 2013 2019
- Unexpired Welfaresocial Services Identification Card Virginia Dmv
- Dl8 Form Feesh 2015 2019
- Virginia Dmv Certificate 2013 2019 Form
- Dmv Vehicle Removal Certificate In Va 2011 Form
- Dmv Vehicle Removal Certificate In Va 2017 2019 Form
- Sut 4 2015 2019 Form
- California Dmv Form Reg 124 2016 2019
- Va Blanket Permit 2015 2019 Form
- Dl5 Virginia Dmv Commonwealth Of Virginia
What Is The Process For Registering a Vehicle in Virginia?
If you reside within the state of Virginia, it is a requirement that you make sure to register your vehicle with the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) before driving it out on the road. In most cases, the car will have to pass an annual safety test and have a valid inspection sticker, without which you could end up charged or fined.
The inspection also has to be carried out by a state-certified inspector that can be found at one of the local service centers, and auto-repair shops. The price of which will vary depending on the type of vehicle.
A typical vehicle costs $16 and a motorcycle will set you back $12. A complete inspection expects to take about an hour. Moreover, new Virginia residents must ensure that their cars are fully registered within 30 days at the VA DMV.
Do keep in mind that Virginia offers three different registration cycles: 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years. The only motor vehicles that do not have to apply for a multi-year license registration are those that are licensed with the International Registration Plan, weigh over 55,000 pounds, or are uninsured.
What Forms Do I Need To Register a Vehicle in The State of Virginia?
For you to officially register your car, you must take a trip down to the local DMV offices and do it personally. It is also important that you have the relevant documents and forms, such as:
- A completed registration form
- Car’s inspection certificate
- Your ID and current mailing address
- Proof of insurance
- Registration fee
- Vehicle title forms and payment
Once the registration process is complete, you will be provided with a Virginia registration card, two Virginia-state license plates, and registration stickers. It is also important to remember that you will eventually have to renew your license either annually or every two to three years, depending on what you prefer.
How Can I Renew My Vehicle Registration in Virginia?
In most instances, before registration, you will normally expect to receive a renewal reminder that will come either by email or mail, depending on what option you selected. The renewal notice will effectively outline all the necessary details, such as expiration details and fees.
It will also cover any outstanding tax payments or parking violations you may have. It is important to remember that these must be paid for in full before your registration can be completed. Keep in mind that if you recently moved to a new address, then you will need to update this information with the DMV to avoid missing a registration reminder.
Once notified, you can fill out the relevant document by downloading the forms from CocoSign’s Virginia RMV page and submit them to the VA DMV’s online platform, which offers a fast and convenient way to renew your registration.
Besides, going online to renew registration will usually discount your fees by $1. To be prepared when registering online, make sure that your vehicle registration card, registration payment, and passed emission test forms are all ready for digital upload.
It's important to remember that if you plan on re-registering your vehicle online less than fifteen days before the registration’s expiry date, take care to print an official receipt. This is important because it will allow you to extend your registration fifteen days after your renewal date.